Follow https://electioneve2020.com/ for full data in North Carolina and nationally
Washington, DC —The 2020 American Election Eve Poll has released results for African American and Latino voters in North Carolina. Full results available at https://electioneve2020.com/ with select North Carolina findings below:
2020 American Election Eve Poll: who did you vote for in the presidential election (North Carolina)?
- African Americans in North Carolina voted for Joe Biden over Donald Trump 92%-6%
- Latinos in North Carolina voted for Joe Biden over Donald Trump 72%-24%
2020 American Election Eve Poll: who did you vote for in the election for Governor in North Carolina between Democrat Roy Cooper and Republican Dan Forest?
- African Americans in North Carolina voted for Democrat Roy Cooper over Republican Dan Forest 88%-6%
- Latinos in North Carolina voted for Democrat Roy Cooper over Republican Dan Forest 66%-21%
2020 American Election Eve Poll: who did you vote for in the Senate election in North Carolina between Republican Thom Tillis and Democrat Cal Cunningham?
- African Americans in North Carolina voted for Democrat Cal Cunningham over Republican Thom Tillis 86%-7%
- Latinos in North Carolina voted for Democrat Cal Cunningham over Republican Thom Tillis 64%-21%
2020 American Election Eve Poll: most important issues facing your community that our politicians should address (North Carolina)?
- African Americans in North Carolina: Coronavirus pandemic – 59%; Discrimination/racial justice – 39%; Jobs and economy – 35%
- Latinos in North Carolina: Coronavirus pandemic – 53%; Jobs and economy – 41%; Health care costs – 35%
Key Information About the American Election Eve Poll
- The 2020 American Election Eve Poll includes over 15,000 voters nationally with oversamples of Latino/Latinx, African American, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander American, and rural voters, along with other voters; as well as state-specific samples for Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin.
- The interactive website https://electioneve2020.com/ will present the full array of poll data and will be updated in real time on election night when polls close in each state.
- On Wednesday, November 4 at 11:30 AM Eastern, join more than 20 sponsoring organizations for the national webinar rollout event for the 2020 American Election Eve Poll. During the webinar, pollsters from the African American Research Collaborative, Asian American Decisions, and Latino Decisions will present the key findings from the poll and begin to put it in context of 2020 election results. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on how to join the webinar.
- Additional follow-up events on Thursday November 5 will provide detail and electoral context on the poll finding and takeaways for each voting community. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- 11:00 AM ET: African American deep dive event
- 12:30 PM ET: Asian American Pacific Islander deep dive event
- 2:00 PM ET: Latino deep dive event
Pollsters and Sponsors
Sponsoring organizations include: AAPI Civic Engagement Fund, NAACP, America’s Voice, UnidosUS, Advancement Project, Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum, Community Change, Demos, Faith In Action, Florida Alliance, Indivisible, League of Conservation Voters, Momento Latino, National Congress of American Indians, National Domestic Workers Alliance, National Urban League, Race Forward, RuralOrganizing.org, SEIU, Vera Institute of Justice, Voter Participation Center.