Ahead of Father’s Day, Pilgrim Church and Allies Share Stories of Families Separated by Cruel Immigration Raids and Policies
Sanctuary Church, Immigrant Families, Corso’s Raids Responders, and Others Come Together to “Embrace the Light Against the Darkness of ICE”
Cleveland, OH – On Father’s Day, a growing number of American children will have to speak with their fathers over a phone line or video call instead of in person, due to the Trump Administration’s aggressively inhumane deportation policies.
On Saturday, June 16, 1pm at Pilgrim Church in Tremont, religious leaders from the Cleveland area as well as Willard–one of the towns impacted by the massive immigration raids at Corso’s Flower and Garden Centers last week–will join with immigrant fathers, children, and allies in an interfaith prayer vigil. We will pray for government policies that honor and protect family unity instead of destroying lives.
The event is being hosted by Pilgrim Church, Akron Interfaith Immigration Advocates, Cleveland Jobs With Justice, Indivisible CLE, Lorain Ohio Immigrant Rights Association, DreamActivist Ohio, Interreligious Task Force on Central America (IRTF), and America’s Voice Ohio. Additional details are available here.
- Reverend Kelly J. Byrd, Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Cleveland
- Rabbi Joshua Caruso, Ansche Chesed Fairmount Temple, Beachwood
- Khalid Samad, Peace in the Hood, Cleveland
- Imam Paul Hasan, Interfaith Ministries of Lorain County, Lorain
- Father Rob Reidy, La Sagrada Familia Church, Cleveland
- Pastor Silvia Morla, Church of God of the Prophecy, Willard
- Daniel Alonso, Program Administrator, Catholic Action Commission of Lorain County, Cleveland
- Ashley Barrett, Intern, Hebrew Union College Temple Israel, Akron
WHERE: Pilgrim Congregational United Church of Christ, 2592 W 14th St, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
WHEN: Saturday, June 16, 1 – 3 pm ET