- Republicans believe that immigration is positive for America: Fewer than 1 out of 4 Republicans think immigration is a bad thing for America
- Republicans and Americans believe our immigration system is broken: 82% of Republicans, and 74% of all Americans, think our immigration system is working poorly
- Republicans and Americans want broad reforms: 72% of Republicans, and 68% of all Americans, think our immigration system needs “a lot of changes” or a “complete overhaul.”
- Republicans and Americans overwhelmingly support the comprehensive immigration reform bill introduced by the US Senate “Gang of 8”: 67% of Republicans, and 74% of Americans, support the Gang of 8 bill.
- Republicans and Americans believe that the Gang of 8 bill will strengthen border security: 71% of Republicans and 61% of Americans believe the Gang of 8 bill will strengthen border security, while just 2% and 3%, respectively, think it will weaken border security.
Poll results can be seen here.