Are you new to immigration reform as an issue? Check out our immigration reform FAQ here.
Below are some of the topics we discuss:
I. Immigration 101
- Who are the undocumented?
- Why do some immigrants come without papers?
- Why can’t immigrants just “get legal”?
- How do immigrants get deported?
- Why don’t we use the term “illegal immigrant”?
- What’s a Dreamer?
II. What is immigration reform and why should we support it?
- Comprehensive immigration reform includes…
- How states can support immigrants
- How immigration reform helps the US and underscores US values
III. Hot topics in the immigration debate
- How opponents of immigration reform conflate immigrants with crime
- The border and the border wall
- What are deportation priorities?
- Immigration and the economy
- What is a sanctuary city?
- ICE, CBP, and DHS
IV. How Donald Trump is changing US immigration enforcement
V. Immigration under the Obama Administration
VI. Congress and immigration reform
- What has Congress done to fix our broken immigration system?
- Notable Members of Congress opposed to immigration reform
- John Tanton’s network: CIS, FAIR, NumbersUSA
VII. How you can help / Ask a question