America’s Voice (AV) and America’s Voice Education Fund (AVEF) are looking for a Copywriting Consultant who can help us maximize our reach and effectiveness in a quickly-changing political landscape on an important national issue. The Copywriting Consultant will be responsible for writing content that mobilizes supporters, persuades elected officials, and explains the facts to journalists; they will identify stories that merit coverage and find the best ways to tell these stories; and they will monitor website analytics and optimize our content for web traffic. This job is part-time (20 hours/week), remote and we will be welcoming applicants from all locations.
- Creating content: The Copywriting Consultant will create a lot of content, including writing daily blog posts, press releases and reports as needed, tweets and other social media content. They will identify opportunities to lift up stories that deserve coverage and underscore our political and legislative priorities, and find creative ways to draw attention to these stories (such as social media graphics or videos).
- Proofreading and editing: The Copywriting Consultant will serve as the in-house copy editor for a wide variety of content, including blog posts, press releases, reports, email marketing drafts, tweets, Facebook posts, and more.
- Managing website: The Copywriting Consultant will manage the posting of all AV/AVEF content onto our website and onto our social media channels. They will oversee special website projects like our Trump Hate Map. They will monitor our website analytics and report back on key trends. And they will optimize our content for SEO visibility and durability.
Skills / experience:
- Strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and details.
- Experience in writing different forms of content, especially blog posts, press releases, and long-form reports.
- Ability to work under deadlines, rapidly respond to breaking news, rapidly create persuasive and factually correct content.
- Willingness to vocalize ideas about content, direction, strategy, and targets.
- Fluency with social media with an ability to create shareable content that grabs attention.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Extra points:
- Familiarity with campaigns, electoral politics, immigration, immigration reform, and the Dream Act
- Previous experience with advocacy
- Previous experience with WordPress
- Significant experience with SEO best practices
- Spanish-language fluency
- Capacity to create digital graphics
About America’s Voice:
America’s Voice (AV) and America’s Voice Education Fund (AVEF) harness the power of American voices and American values to enact policy change that guarantees full labor, civil and political rights for immigrants and their families. We work in partnership with progressive, faith-based, labor, and civil rights organizations, as well as with grassroots groups, networks, and leaders to fight for policies that defend 11 million undocumented.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Job type: Part-time, Contract, Remote location