Washington, DC – Ahead of tomorrow’s first Republican presidential debate, America’s Voice has assembled a collection of resources relevant to the first debate and beyond, highlighting the GOP’s relentless anti-immigrant focus.
- Media Guide, “Covering Immigration in the GOP Presidential Primary,” provides context for reporters and analysts covering the debates and campaign trail in light of the fear-mongering and extremism expected by GOP primary candidates. Access the media guide here.
- America’s Voice and Vanessa Cárdenas reaction to the new Donald Trump/Stephen Miller immigration plan and its larger implications. Yesterday, following the Axios scoop on the Trump/Miller immigration plan, AV Executive Director Vanessa Cardenas took stock, noting it was “best understood not just as a draconian set of policies, but also a blueprint for Trump and the GOP’s ongoing assault on America’s history as a beacon of hope and opportunity and the notion of our country as an inclusive, multiracial, majoritarian democracy.” Find a link to the full release with Vanessa’s full quote here.
- Blogs and Analysis on GOP Presidential Field and Contenders: Gabe Ortiz, writer and editor for America’s Voice, has written a series of blogs that lay out what you need to know about each candidate’s views on immigration and the reality that the entire GOP presidential field is embracing and mainstreaming anti-immigrant policies and politics.
- Donald Trump
- Tim Scott
- Ron DeSantis (also read Top Five Things to Know About SB 1718, the signature DeSantis anti-immigration bill that is harming the Florida economy).
- “Where The Bottom Rung of GOP Presidential Candidates Stand On Immigration (It’s Not Pretty)” discusses Mike Pence, Chris Christie, Nikki Haley, and Vivek Ramaswamy and their race to the bottom on immigration.