Damning new revelations from a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) whistleblower make it crystal clear that the acting DHS leaders Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli have betrayed the country and their duties. They are responsible for covering up Russian attacks on our democracy and minimizing the white supremacist terrorist threat in America. These two illegally-appointed senior officials have demonstrated unwavering loyalty to Donald Trump and Stephen Miller, and no loyalty to the American people they are supposed to serve.
Here are just some of the examples:
- A highly-placed intelligence official in DHS, Brian Murphy, has stepped forward as a whistleblower. He asserts that “acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf instructed DHS officials earlier this year to ‘cease providing intelligence assessments on the threat of Russian interference’ and, instead, focus their efforts on gathering information related to activities being carried out by China and Iran.” (see CNN article here)
- According to the New York Times “the department’s second-highest ranked official, Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, ordered Mr. Murphy to modify intelligence assessments to make the threat of white supremacy ‘appear less severe’ and include information on violent ‘left-wing’ groups and antifa.” (see here)
- Acting as the propaganda arm of Trump’s re-election campaign, Border Patrol – which is under DHS – has re-released a lurid, racist and fictional propaganda video that casts Latino immigrants as killers. (see here)
- Wolf and DHS have been openly defying decisions by the Supreme Court and other federal courts regarding the reinstating of DACA. (see here)
- According to the Government Accountability Office (GAO), both Wolf and Cuccinelli were appointed and are serving unlawfully in their current positions. (see here)
- Wolf personally presided over the deployment to Portland, Oregon of DHS agents in unmarked uniforms and to pick up civilians on the streets and put them into unmarked vans (see here)
- DHS, using the pandemic as cover, has shut off virtually all immigration and asylum without consulting or going through Congress. (see here)
According to Frank Sharry, Executive Director of America’s Voice:
Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli are not public servants. They are not interested in protecting Americans from terrorism or protecting democracy from foreign interference.
They are unlawfully appointed lackeys interested only in protecting Trump from losing an election – even if it means real terrorism threats are diminished and Russian criminality is covered up.
This cannot stand. They’ve betrayed America. They must resign.