Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) is challenging John Boehner for his position as Speaker of the House. Gohmert, a Steve King-allied Tea Partier, is of course famous for worrying about “terror babies” invading America. Here’s more about Gohmert:
- He’s accused accused the Obama administration of letting the children on the border in so that they can vote Democrat: “In the end they have said they want to turn Texas blue and they want to turn America blue. If you bring in hundreds of thousands or millions of people and give them the ability to vote and tell them if you want to keep getting the benefits you have to go vote…that drives people to vote and it would ensure Republicans will never get elected again.”
- He also suggested that the President send troops to Mexico and that the child migrants may include radical Islamist terrorists.
- He’s claimed to have “seen statistics that indicate that less than 10% of people who come into this country illegally are actually working.”
- He’s said that Obama and “liberal attack people” want “violence” and “mayhem” out of executive action.
- He’s accused Attorney General Eric Holder of casting “aspersions on my asparagus,” whatever that means.
More from Right Wing Watch:
Also check out this video of Gohmert highlights from American Bridge: