Tuesday, June 13
Capitol Visitor Center
Room: SVC 215
PRESS EVENT: Ahead of Father’s Day, Rep. Pallone to Join Immigrant Families and Leaders to Call on Trump and Sec. Kelly to Stop Destroying Families
A livestream of the event will be available here
Washington, DC – Tomorrow, June 13 at 11am EST, just ahead of Father’s Day, Representative Pallone (D-NJ) will join representatives of families from New Jersey and Maryland as well as faith and immigration leaders to support fathers in deportation proceedings. Together, the group will remind President Trump and DHS Secretary John Kelly that children need their dads.
A father’s deportation leaves families without emotional and financial support and has devastating consequences for children’s development. With increased deportations under President Trump of long-settled immigrants, more and more children are facing the prospect of losing one or more parents to this Administration’s indiscriminate national deportation policy.
The stakes could not be higher for children, parents, communities, and societies. For many, this Father’s Day may be their last together unless something changes soon.
- Representative Frank Pallone (D-NJ)
- Pastor Seth Kaper-Dale, Pastor, Reformed Church of Highland Park
- Joel Massie, 13-year old son of Arino Massie of New Jersey, who was recently deported
- Zeke Cohen, Baltimore City councilman, representative of Jesus Peraza of Maryland
- Frank Sharry, Executive Director, America’s Voice (Moderator)
WHEN: Tuesday, June 13 at 11am EST
WHERE: Capitol Visitor Center; Room: SVC 215