America’s Voice is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with campaign and communications experience to manage our state communications work.
Applicants should be bilingual and have a background in strategic communications with a strong understanding of advocacy communications and the politics of immigration issues. Applicants need to be self-starters with strong leadership skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a temporary contract.
Interested applicants should use our form at americasvoice.org/jobs or submit a cover letter and resume to Matt@AmericasVoice.org
- Manage the implementation of AV’s message and strategy through local, state media outlets
- Assist in developing state based communications strategies and draft project impact reports
- Manage ongoing coordination with state directors
- Help write and disseminate press releases, op-ed pieces, newsletters, feature articles, fact sheets, etc.
- Help organize news conferences, media briefings, and teleconferences
- Create local earned and paid media strategies in partnership with state directors
- Conduct communications trainings and cultivate local surrogates
- Provide communications support for state and local legislation fights
- Identify key opportunities or threats that require additional communications support before situations develop
- Work closely with local ally groups in complex situations and develop plans for immediate and appropriate interventions
- Prepare and train media spokespeople
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking, and oral skills; have a broad knowledge of the news media, politics, policy, and government and a passion for immigrants rights
- A bachelor’s degree and two years or more of political communication experience
- Community organizing experience is a plus
- Must have a positive outlook.