America’s Voice is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with campaign and communications experience to lead our communications work in California.
Applicants should be bilingual and have a background in strategic communications with a strong understanding of advocacy communications and the politics of immigration issues. Applicants need to be self-starters with strong leadership skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a temporary contract. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Matt@AmericasVoice.org
- Oversee the implementation of AV’s message and strategy through local, state and national media outlets
- Develop crisis communication plans for communities impacted by raids or targeted enforcement actions
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective communication with community partners
- Manage ongoing coordination with local leaders and allied organizations to help amplify messages and materials
- Develop media strategies for both traditional media in English and Spanish, as well as digital media
- Execute rapid response efforts on behalf of state and national developments
- Write and disseminate press releases, op-ed pieces, newsletters, feature articles, fact sheets, etc.
- Organize news conferences, media briefings, and teleconferences
- Coordinate regular updates to key allies and constituencies
- Supervise local paid and earned media for the campaign, including building relationships with relevant state media
- Use local relationships, intelligence, and information to inform ongoing state strategy and message
- Conduct communications trainings and cultivate local surrogates
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking, and oral skills; have a broad knowledge of the news media, politics, policy, and government and a passion for immigrants rights
- Be comfortable working in a partisan political environment
- A bachelor’s degree and two years or more of political communication experience
- Community organizing experience is a plus
America’s Voice and America’s Voice Education Fund, collectively known as America’s Voice, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, America’s Voice complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
America’s Voice expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of America’s Voice’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge