America’s Voice (AV) and America’s Voice Education Fund (AVEF) are looking for a Content Manager who can help create and disseminate content in a quickly-changing landscape on an important national issue.
The Content Manager will be responsible for writing content that mobilizes supporters, persuades elected officials, and explains the facts to journalists; they will identify stories that merit coverage and find the best ways to tell these stories; and they will monitor website analytics and help SEO optimize our content. This job can be remote and we will be welcoming applicants from all locations. However, AV/AVEF is headquartered in Washington, DC and the Content Manager will be working on Eastern time.
- Creating content: The Content Manager will write daily blog posts, press releases, and research papers, some of which require very quick (half a day or less) turnaround. They will identify important stories and find creative ways to draw attention to these stories.
- Digital positioning: The Content Manager will identify important stories and find creative ways to draw attention to these stories. They will identify strategic opportunities for us to strengthen our message, build our audience, and spread our message online.
- Managing content: The Content Manager will help manage the posting of AV/AVEF content, social media content, and special website projects like our Trump Hate Map. They will monitor our data and analytics and help SEO-optimize our content for a web audience.
Skills / experience:
- Must be a strong writer with proofing and editing skills, with understanding of grammar and standard formatting, and drive for accuracy and details.
- Experience in writing different forms of content, especially blog posts, press releases, and long-form reports.
- Familiarity with communications and messaging work.
- Ability to work under deadlines, rapidly respond to breaking news, rapidly create persuasive and factually correct content.
- Willingness to receive feedback.
- Willingness to vocalize ideas about content, direction, strategy, and targets.
- Familiarity with campaigns, electoral politics, immigration, immigration reform, and the Dream Act.
- 1-3 years experience with advocacy.
- Experience with SEO best practices.
- Experience with social media and understanding how to communicate effectively in a social format.
- Spanish-language fluency.
About America’s Voice:
America’s Voice (AV) and America’s Voice Education Fund (AVEF) harness the power of American voices and American values to enact policy change that guarantees full labor, civil and political rights for immigrants and their families. We work in partnership with progressive, faith-based, labor, and civil rights organizations, as well as with grassroots groups, networks, and leaders to fight for policies that defend 11 million undocumented.
America’s Voice and America’s Voice Education Fund, collectively known as America’s Voice, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, America’s Voice complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
America’s Voice expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of America’s Voice’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.