**** PRESS CALL ****
Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 12pm EST
866-952-1908; Passcode “LAWSUIT”
If Successful, Lawsuit Would Deny State Millions in Tax Revenue & Subject Thousands of Ohio Families to Deportation
OHIO – Last week, the State of Ohio joined nineteen other states in suing the federal government over the President’s recent executive action on immigration. In addition to subjecting thousands of Ohio families to deportation, the lawsuit, if successful, would deny $41 million in much needed tax revenue to the state over the next five years.
On Tuesday, December 9th at 12pm ET, Ohio legal, economic experts, faith leaders, impacted individuals and immigration advocates will gather on a press call to react to Attorney General Mike DeWine’s decision to join this frivolous lawsuit and discuss what this means for the state and the country moving forward.
WHAT: Ohio Leaders Blast Attorney General DeWine’s Decision to Join Texas Immigration Lawsuit
WHEN: Tuesday, December 9th at 12pm ET
- Carol Apaestegui, DACA recipient from Ohio whose parents qualify for the new Deferred Action for Parents policy
- David Leopold, Ohio-based immigration attorney and past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Rabbi Robert Nosanchuk, Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple (Beachwood, OH)
- Patrick Oakford, Policy Analyst, Center for American Progress
- Lynn Tramonte, Deputy Director, America’s Voice (based in Ohio)
WHERE: 866-952-1908; Passcode “LAWSUIT”