Trump is making sweeping, foundational changes to domestic and international policy by executive edict, acting more like a monarch than a President. His radical policy vision is unprecedented, dangerous, and contrary to our identity as a nation and our core values as Americans. He is taking a sledgehammer to the Statue of Liberty.
Trump’s Executive Order goes after:
- People convicted of any criminal offense, regardless of what the offense was, when it occurred, or the circumstances of the conviction;
- People who haven’t even been convicted of a crime, but have been charged with one;
- People who have simply broken a law, with no charges or convictions resulting;
- People with final administrative deportation orders, no matter how long ago they received the order and their positive ties and contributions; and
- Anyone else Trump’s Deportation Force wants to prioritize.
David Leopold, explains.
Breaking down Trump’s Executive Order on Deportations
Posted by David Leopold on Thursday, January 26, 2017