America’s Voice is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with campaign and communications experience to lead our communications work in Texas.
Applicants should be bilingual and have a background in strategic communications with a strong understanding of advocacy communications and the politics of immigration issues. Applicants need to be self-starters with strong leadership skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a year-long contract.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Matt@AmericasVoice.org
- Oversee the implementation of AV’s message and strategy through local, state and national media outlets
- Develop crisis communication plans for communities impacted by raids or targeted enforcement actions
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective communication with community partners
- Manage ongoing coordination with local leaders and allied organizations to help amplify messages and materials
- Develop media strategies for both traditional media in English and Spanish, as well as digital media
- Execute rapid response efforts on behalf of state and national developments
- Write and disseminate press releases, op-ed pieces, newsletters, feature articles, fact sheets, etc.
- Organize news conferences, media briefings, and teleconferences
- Coordinate regular updates to key allies and constituencies
- Supervise local paid and earned media for the campaign, including building relationships with relevant state media
- Use local relationships, intelligence, and information to inform ongoing state strategy and message
- Conduct communication trainings and cultivate local surrogates
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking, and oral skills; have a broad knowledge of the news media, politics, policy, and government and a passion for immigrants rights
- Be comfortable working in a partisan political environment
- A bachelor’s degree and two years or more of political communication experience
- Community organizing experience is a plus