Immigrants, advocates, labor leaders, the faith community, and many others across the nation held rallies and events in favor of immigration reform with a path to citizenship last week, many of them this past weekend. Advocates demonstrated in Chicago, asking Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL) to support immigration; in Colorado with Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO); California with Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA); in Virginia to petition House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA); in Ohio to demand action from Speaker John Boehner (R-OH); and in many, many other places.
As August recess approaches, the growing movement for immigration reform is more determined than ever to make it clear that we need immigration reform, now. Stay tuned for more examples of how advocates across the country are standing up for reform and a path to citizenship.
Here’s a short list of some of this weekend’s events, followed by a slideshow of pictures:
- Chicago, asking Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL) to support immigration (ICIRR)
- Denver, Colorado, with Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) (Denver Post)
- California, with Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA) (LA Times)
- Springfield, Ohio, asking Speaker John Boehner to give us a vote on immigration reform (WDTN, Gannett, watch video from USA Today)
- Des Moines, Iowa, rallying for immigration reform and against the hateful comments of Rep. Steve King (R-IA) (Des Moines Register)
- Long Island and New York, with Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) (Make the Road New York, Long Island Wins)
- Spokane, Washington
- Virginia, asking House Majority Leader Eric Cantor for support (Virginia Organizing)